Pregnancy pillows come in different types and every single type of pillow comes with its own host of advantages, benefits, disadvantages and features. One of the most common types of pregnancy pillow is the wedge pillow. The wedge pillow is one of the cheapest pregnancy pillows and it is used to support your belly and keep it in the most ideal position so that you can enjoy your rest and sleep.
This kind of pregnancy pillow allows you to abide with the recommendations of the doctors which require you to sleep on your left side. The reason here is that during your pregnancy, you need it maintain proper circulation because the liver is not subjected to pressure (the liver is on your right side).
However, many women still find it a bit challenging sleeping on their sides because it makes them feel like they are running short of oxygen. In response to the above challenge, most pregnant women opt to sleep on their bellies and backs. It is because of the above challenge that a wedge pillow comes in as a handy option to help you sleep comfortably on your left side.
The pregnancy wedge pillow helps you overcome this challenge because it helps you breath comfortably by supporting the weight of your uterus so that it does not pressure your liver. All you need to do is to slide the wedge below your back or belly so that you can enjoy the support you need as you sleep the whole night. Read some pregnancy pillow reviews by Click here to choose best pregnancy pilow for your own.
You can use it in a variety of positions
One of the beautiful features of wedge pillows is that you can use them in varying sleeping positions and still be able to enjoy the support your head. The three most common positions that you can use the pillow in are listed below as follows:
- Under your regular pillow: The first way that you can enjoy the support if this pillow is by placing it under your usual pillow. When you do this, the pillow raises the level of your head and relieves you from heartburns and refluxes caused by pregnancy.
- Under your back: Another place where you can use your wedge pillow is under your back.
- Below your belly: Aside from using it under your back and your regular pillar, you can use the pillow under your belly.
It comes in two different forms
Another important fact that you need to know about this kind of pregnancy pillow is that it comes in two different forms that you can choose from. The two forms are listed below as follows:
- Round pregnancy wedge pillow
This type of wedge pillow has the shape of a crescent moon that is filled with air or some other kind of filling material.
- Triangular pregnancy wedge pillow
This is another type of wedge pillow and it looks like a wedge of cheese.
Wedge pregnancy pillows occupy little space
The third fact about this kind of pillow is that they don’t occupy too much of your bed space. The smallness of the pillows makes them comfortable to use and share the bed with your spouse without any inconvenience. Additionally, the small size of these pillows makes them ideal for carrying around when you travel.
Using a pregnancy wedge pillow
This section is devoted to helping you learn how best you can use a wedge pregnancy pillow. Just as the pictures in this article show, a wedge pillow has the shape of a wedge and that is why it has the name “wedge”.
Based on its shape, you need to use the pillow by inserting it below your back or belly. This will ensure that the weight of your pregnancy is supported well and securely.
Advantages of wedge pregnancy pillows
- They are the most affordable.
- They don’t occupy too much of your space.
- They are easy to travel with.
- You can still use them even after you have given birth. For instance, you can use them to watch TV and support your regular pillow.
Disadvantages of wedge pregnancy pillows
- You will still be required to use a regular head pillow.
- It offers support for a single part of the body.
- Different brands offer different designs and steepness level.
Author Bio: This momactivity.com is the place that you do not just find the advices of how taking care of pregnant women, some tips of how to balance and help you to not only providing the best condition for the babies but also look after for both mother and kids.